Do you need a place to park your summer cruiser during cold winter temperatures? Would you like to park your car somewhere safe while on a long deployment? Stored Away Self Storage offers Sneads Ferry NC vehicle storage for those times you need a secure place for your vehicle.
Before placing your vehicle in self-storage, it is important to do some preparations to ensure you return to a vehicle that looks good and runs. Below are our top tips you should know before storing your vehicle.
Top 7 Self Storage Tips
- Drain, and replace your old oil before your vehicle sits idle in storage.
- Remove the battery from your car and place it on a battery tender. If you do not have a tender, it is important to keep it somewhere warm, and unexposed to the elements.
- Write yourself a detailed checklist to remind yourself what was done to the car before placing it in storage.
- Provide a buffer between your car and the elements by covering it in a cover that provides air circulation.
- Cold temperatures can cause some unexpected issues like freezing your brakes and brake pads together. Prevent this by not using your parking brake.
- Place wheel chocks behind each back wheel to ensure your vehicle stays put during its stay.
- If you are planning to store your vehicle for more than 30 days? It is recommended that you fill up the gas tank and add a fuel stabilizer.
Storing your vehicle for an extended period of time can be made easy! Our self-storage experts at Stored Away Self Storage offers Snead Ferry NC vehicle storage guidance to help you as you find the perfect storage space for these large items.
Our Sneads Ferry storage facility is always clean, well-maintained,and easily accessible with 24/7 gate hours. If you are looking for a storage space, call us or rent/reserve online today!