Moving is stressful occurrence, but choosing the right moving company can help ease the worry. A moving company will make the process easier on you and your family. Finding a moving company that you can trust is essential. Follow the below tips navigating moving companies to make sure you find the one that fits your needs:
- Do an initial screening of the company to check their viability and featuresl. Ask if they are insured, if they background check employees, how long they have been in business, if they have the proper licenses to cross state lines, etc.
- Make sure estimates mention appropriate licenses (i.e. carrier license, if applicable)
- Did the mover make you aware of the moving insurance for your goods?
- Look around a few different places for moving companies. Ask friends, ask storage facilities, google the area, and check Angie’s List. In Sneads Ferry, NC we recommend Two Men & a Truck
Packing your belongings is always part of the process when moving. The last thing you want to happen when you arrive at your new location is to have broken or damaged belongings. Below are moving tips to make sure your belongings arrive safely at their new home and to make the process easier:
- Label boxes with a sharpie or sticker labels. When you begin unpacking in your new home, you will find your belongings much easier!
- Along with labeling boxes, it can help to add what room they belong in.
- Disassemble larger furniture if possible. This will help to save space in the moving trucks, allowing you to fit more of your belongings in a smaller area.